Can you serve a few hours per week to help out your local library?
Here are just some of the current volunteer positions:
- Adopt-A-Shelf Volunteer -Maintains order, accessibility, and appearance of assigned sections of shelving.
- Magazine Shelver/Refurbisher – Maintains the magazine collection in good condition and in good order.
- Circulation Support Volunteer – Responds to the needs of the Circulation section by providing support for back room projects and activities.
- Page Volunteer – Responsible for accurately shelving library materials and maintaining appearance of assigned sections of shelving.
- Gift Books Assistant – Assists in adding selected donations to the collection.
- Handouts Volunteer – Responsible for the appearance and timeliness of the branch handout area and bulletin board displays.
- Technology Volunteer – Helps customers use electronic equipment throughout the library.
- Children’s Department Assistant – Assist Children’s Librarian with story time and crafts.
- Craft Assistant for First Sundays – Between 1-5:00 p.m. help is needed at the craft tables.
- Homework Assistant/Peer Tutor – Helps students understand and organize their homework assignment. Assist students in learning how to use the library for homework.
- Reference Assistant – Assists the library by helping maintain reference materials and assist customers.
- Library Collection Support Assistant – Assists the Library with maintaining a current and useful collection.
- Technology Assistant – Assists patrons in the branch and computer lab with basic computer questions.
- Audio Visual Assistant – Supports audiovisual section of library.
- Home Delivery for Shut-ins – Each volunteer will be assigned to an individual who is unable to visit the library, who has registered for home-delivery service. The volunteer, in consultation with the patron, will select materials (books, audiobooks, music recordings) and arrange a delivery and pick-up schedule.
- Mender – Mends all materials; magazines, book spines, torn book covers, so that they can be used by the public.
If you are interested in volunteering or have questions, please contact Sue Struthers at (951) 826-5208 or email@example.com.