The Wood Streets Green Team is holding a Recycling Workshop on reducing, reusing, and recycling household waste on Sunday, June 12, from 3 pm to 5 pm. The workshop will be held at theHabitat for Humanity ReStore located at 2180 Iowa Avenue in Riverside.
All attendees are encouraged to bring any household items to the meeting to drop off as a donation to the ReStore. These will be qualified for tax purposes and receipts will be available.
The purpose of the workshop is to engage and educate the Riverside community on the practices and benefits of recycling. The workshop will focus on how recycling can be beneficial for the community and the environment. Recycling resources available to Riverside residents will be discussed.
Some of the questions answered during the workshop are:
- Why should I recycle? What does it do? What are the benefits? Is it worth the trouble?
- What happens to my stuff after I toss it in the blue bin?
- What can I toss into the blue bin? What can be recycled?
- I’ve heard recycling can actually be harmful to the environment. Is that true, and why?
- What about other waste — paint, construction material, cardboard, batteries, computers, e-waste?
- What about household goods?
- What’s the idea behind Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle?
- How successful is Riverside in its recycling efforts?
For more information, please contact Darin Salazar, Wood Streets Green Team representative, at 951-682-0324, or email@example.com.